Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sometimes it just seems like one thing after another

We moved into our new house this May after much time and thought was put into where we should live in order to make sure that Jack and then Addison would be in a school that both we and they loved and could be happy at. I really love our new home!! I have been spending all my time making this house our home and it is coming along nicely if I do say so myself. :) We have some great new neighbors that we have become friends with and the kids are enjoying having a little more space to play and a much bigger backyard.

I would say that at least for me it seemed like everything was just falling into place and we would actually be really happy and not have so many worries or problems it was going to be almost like a fairytale. Little did I know that God was ready to show me that he is in control and that I needed to learn to trust and lean on him.

About 5 weeks ago I went into my obgyn to have my regular yearly check, talk to him about my PCOS, find out what might be causing me to have PCOS and how we could treat it while maybe trying to have another baby. I was told after being diagnosed with PCOS that getting pregnant again would be very hard but not even a month later we were pregnant with Addison our little blessing. So, naturally I didn't really take this seriously when I went to the doctor because I had over come, or at least thought that I had over come, this before.

The doctor did my yearly exam and then set things up to test me for insulin resistance, which is a main cause of PCOS in woman, and schedule an ultrasound to see how bad my cysts were. About a week before I was supposed to go in for my ultrasound my doctor's office called to tell me that my pap smear had come back showing that I had the possibility of pre-cancerous or cancerous cells on my cervix and that they wanted to do a procedure to biopsy the tissue to see how far along these cancerous cells were. To make a long story short...I went in and had the blood work done and the ultrasound and then they had to put off my procedure for 2 weeks. When I finally had the biopsy done the doctor found 3 places on my cervix that he was concerned about.

No comments:

Post a Comment