Saturday, March 26, 2011

Little Squirt

So it actually happened! God blessed us with a baby. We found out about a week and a half ago right before we were going to Florida on Spring Break. Of course with all my health issues this past year I was a little concerned that something would be wrong. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday with an ultrasound to check everything out and make sure all is well. We saw our little squirt and he or she's little heartbeat. Everything looked good except for the fact that the sac around the baby, which I think they call the yolk sac at this stage, has not completely attached to my uterus. If I understood the doctor correctly it has attached 90% of the way but there is still 10% that has not attached. This puts me at a small risk for miscarriage. The doctor didn't seem to be too concerned about it and did not put me on bed rest. I am trying not to worry and tell myself that I am only 7 weeks along and I have never had an ultrasound this early so maybe I had this with Jack and Addison and didn't even know because it was done attaching before I saw them.

Another concern is the fact that I have insulin resistance. This puts me at a great risk of having gestational diabetes and the doctor told me that it also slightly increases my risk of having a miscarriage.

The whole evening all I could think about was how maybe we should have waited to tell everyone and maybe we should have waited even longer to tell the kids. What if I have my first miscarriage. What will I tell the kids. I keep thinking about how I haven't been very strict on my diet and I had stopped taking my medicine for the insulin resistance because I wasn't sure if could take that while pregnant. The doctor told me that I need to stay on that medicine to decrease my chances of gestational diabetes and miscarriage. So then I keep thinking what if it is too late to start back on my medicine...What if I missed very important days without it...

These are all the things going through my head right now and will continue to cloud my mind in the next 2 weeks. I am just going to take it easy and pray that if this is still God's will then he will let us have a healthy baby and keep me ok during the pregnancy and delivery. Everyone's prayers are greatly appreciated. I am very thankful to know that a have a great group of friends and family that will be there for me during this!!

3 comments:

  1. Praying for that sweet little one to stick in there tight. Don't worry- that won't help. Watch that diet, take those meds, and it will all work out in the end.

    Christi Stavely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for you, Kristy! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely praying for you and very excited!! I'm hoping for a girl though so don't hate me :) no i take that back....maybe a boy :) hahha no i'm just kdding. I'm just praying for one of those happy, healthy, adorable bastnagel babies! :))

    ReplyDelete